Saturday, July 31, 2010

Read my lips.

I was stuck in traffic yesterday-yes we do occasionally get traffic in the sticks when they decide to close one lane of our two lane highway. So I am sitting in traffic trying to keep my mind off of the doctor appoint that we are headed to and I look into my mirror to read the lips of the bikers behind us.
This is when I realize there are many words that can be confused with others. Don't believe me? Look at yourself in the mirror and say 'olive juice' and 'I love you' the two look very similar as would many other words and phrases.
So I am catching words here and there and making up the words in between when I realize there is no way to mask the F-bomb. After sitting and waiting for our turn to travel through the construction site these bikers had apparently gotten very upset as the use of the F-bomb increased. Gave me a bit of humor instead of freaking out about how I was late for the doctor appointment.
So if you are trying to hide what you are saying, don't drop the F-bomb because we'll all know!

2 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I'm here from the comment club, and I have to say that's a pretty brilliant distraction technique!

New Jersey Memories said...

Yes, you definitely know when someone is mouthing the F word. Olive juice and I love you? Hmmm.

Visiting and following from the weekend Comment Club.