Friday, March 18, 2011

The 31 Day Photo Challenge, Day 14

Thanks to It's Gravy Baby and Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy I am taking part in a 31 Day Photo Challenge.  Visit either blog if you'd like to participate too.  Check out all my Photo Challenge posts here

 Day 14: Something I want to do before I die.
 Hawaii Beach Picture
Something that I want to do before I die would be to surf in Hawaii. I have been to both the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans many times but have yet to set my feet on a surf board. When the opportunity arose to surf I was too nervous, too shy, or even in one instance too pregnant with my oldest child. Although that would have been a sight to see! My love for the ocean, Hawaii in particular was born the first time I watched the movie The North Shore.
North Shore Poster 
I wore out the vhs tape watching that movie. I saved allowance to purchase surfing magazines and tore out the pictures I liked and plastered my walls with them. It was also about the time that the movie came out when my parents went to Hawaii for a business convention. I am pretty sure that I stole little trinkets that my parents brought back for my brothers and wore the shirt I was given until it was thread bare and way too small (think of Friends when Ross puts on his old "Frankie says hello" shirt).  So before I die surfing a wave in Hawaii would be one thing I would love to do. It doesn't even have to be a 20 foot wave on Hawaii's famed North Shore, I will settle for a baby wave off any beach of any of the islands ;).