Sunday, March 6, 2011

The 31 Day Photo Challenge, Day 6

Thanks to It's Gravy Baby and Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy I am taking part in a 31 Day Photo Challenge.  Visit either blog if you'd like to participate too.  Check out all my Photo Challenge posts here.  

Day 6: A favorite memory.
After having 5 girls, in a row, I didn't think that I would ever hear the words "It's a BOY!" When I had my u/s with Jacob I expected to hear 'girl' and was beyond thrilled to hear 'boy'. I left the exam room walking on air! Toby unfortunately had to work that day and when he called to see how the appointment went I wasn't really thinking about what I was saying. The night before I told him that the baby was a boy, I just knew BUT I had just known that Haley, Kierston, Loryn and Paige were boys too (Kaly I guessed was a girl). So when he asked, I didn't outright say 'boy' but something along the lines of 'I told you' and he took that as 'girl'. After realizing that he thought the baby was a girl I decided to surprise him by making this:
and hung it on the garage door. As soon as he pulled in he knew. Usually he calls on his way home but that night he didn't. My plan was to take a picture of him as he pulled up, but he surprised me. I should have snapped a picture when he walked in the door, he was literally smiling from ear to ear!