Thursday, March 10, 2011

The 31 Day Photo Challenge, Day 8

Thanks to It's Gravy Baby and Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy I am taking part in a 31 Day Photo Challenge.  Visit either blog if you'd like to participate too.  Check out all my Photo Challenge posts here.  


Day 8: A birthday celebration.
In our family there is a birthday seven months out of the year (Toby & Paige share the same birthday). There are too many to choose from so I will just go with the last birthday we celebrated.

 Jonas celebrated his first birthday on Superbowl Sunday. He was born on the day so we celebrated on it even though his actual birthday wasn't until the next day. First birthdays are a happy/sad occasion. I love that the baby is growing and getting to the fun age that allows them to express themselves, not only with what they want but also verbally they grow in leaps and bounds around this time. It's sad because the baby stage is gone in one blow of a candle. From babyhood to toddler in one breath, just another reminder that time really does march on.





Jonas was not a fan of cake, he didn't like the mess and wouldn't touch it w/o crying. He was finally able to taste the cake after we gave him a spoon. I actually got a good laugh out of this as all the girls DOVE into their cake head first but both boys insisted on using a fork as they didn't like the frosting sticking to their hands. 


*Apparently I was a few days ahead on this challenge. I didn't know that we were supposed to skip the weekends so I took a few days off.